URGENT: 2 Minivans Needed– With an increased enrollment and requests for transportation within CFLA’s boundaries (48th St. to 59th Ave. and South Mountain to Glendale Ave.), students can spend over two hours on both the morning and afternoon routes. To reduce the time students spend on the bus we are seeking the donation of two minivans that can be used to pick up our outlying students.
If you have a working minivan that you would like to donate to help reduce the time children spend on the bus each day please contact assistant superintendent, Jerry Lewis at 480.861.6931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children First Leadership Academy is always willing to accept donations for students and their families. Please remember that we always put our children first. New clothes are preferred. Please keep in mind that if it weren’t for you to give them new clothing most likely it would be coming from a family member whether it fit or not. So if it’s torn or soiled please give it to Good Will. We do appreciate everything you do for our children to make it a better life for them. WE CAN NOT ACCEPT USED UNDERWEAR OR SOCK.
- Summer is right around the corner and we have No summer Tops for girls,size 4,6,8.10.12,14,16. Also we are needing shorts for both boys and girls. More for girls again same sizes as the tops. Plus teens need jeans and shorts. They can not wear basket ball shorts to school or short shorts. Their sizes are from boys and girls 12,14,16,18,20, and bigger girls size 0,1,2,3,4,5,6.We can also use MENS PANTS AND SHORTS SIZES 28 T0 35 WAIST.
- Girls underwear, especially sizes 14 and 16 also Women’s size 6 to 9
- Girls and Women’s size medium and large socks
- Boys Boxers size 10-12, 14-16 and 18-20
- Men’s socks
URGENT NEED FOR GIRLS SHORT SLEEVE TOPS SIZE 4 T0 16….BOYS SHORTS SIZE 8 UP TO MEN’S 33 AND GIRLS SHORTS SIZE 4 UP to 18 AND TEENS O TO 5!!!!
- Collared shirts(Any color, no writing or symbols) in all children’s sizes.
- Pants/shortskhaki, black, navy blue, or jeans, for both boys and girls all children’s sizes, boys’ sizes 7 to 20; girls’ sizes 5 to 18, and teen girls’ sizes 0 to size 6
- CFLA try to give the children new shoes to wear. They must wear closed toe shoes at school. We prefer gym shoes so they have something for PE. They cannot wear sandals,or flip flops at all to school. Sizes we need are as followed:
- Men’s shoes size 8,9,11,12,13
- Women’s size 7 and 12
- Boys size 10
Family Size package/can/plastic jars are preferred, any size packages are accepted. Average family size is 8. Cans that pull open, food that can be made in a microwave, warming tray, hot plate, or a grill are helpful.Food boxes go home by request any day that the school is open. We average about 40 boxes per month. We also give closed bags for the children to take home on the bus,for the weekend by request also.
- Cerealcold and hot*** 3 STARS MORE ALMOST OUT AND 4 STARS MEAN OUT!!
- Mac and Cheese
- Canned Veggies of all kinds
- Dried Beans****
- Spaghetti Sauce-with or without meat***
- Canned Chicken***
- Canned Wiener Dogs***
- Canned Ravioli
- Canned Spaghetti with Meatballs
- Canned Beef****
- Canned Beef Stew
- Chili with beans
- Pudding (Single-Serve)***
- Juice Boxes
- Granola & Breakfast Bars****
- Fruit Cups
- Jars of Peanut Butter****
- Jars of Jelly****
- Graham Crackers****
- Rice Cakes****
- Saltine Crackers***
- Bags of Noodles****
- Fruit Snacks****
- Canned fruit****
- Goldfish single servings and family size****
- Jello 8 Pack****
- Instant Coffee/Regular perk coffee (also for the teachers’ lounge) & Tea Bags****
- Taco Shells***
- Cheese and Crackers****
- Peanut Butter and Cracker Sandwich Snacks****
- Any kind of side dish or meals that can be made on a hot plate or grill****
- Cases of water***
- Plastic silverware (for the kids to eat the pudding/fruit cups/jello****
- Healthy snacks that the children can eat at their desk in between breakfast and lunch****
- Any kind of milkdried, almond, soy, rice****
- Boxed jello and pudding to make at home****
- The donation room also has a freezer and a refrigerator to be able to give the families bread, buns, hot dogs, eggs, any thing like that would be a treat for them.They are both standing empty right now.
This list supplies both the donation room and school health office. Items labeled “both sizes” are used for family use, and also in the children’s own personal hygiene bags that are sent home or given to the children as need for personal hygiene (i.e. family size and travel size). Asterisked items are needed immediately.
We do have showers for the children when needed so that is why we ask for wash clothes and towels.
- Sanitary Pads*
- Lice Shampoo*
- Cough Medicine*
- Diapers/Pull ups*
- Band aids*
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Baby Wipes
- Sun Screen*
- Chap stick*
- Liquid Tylenol and Motrin*
- Combs/special combs for lice checking*
- Zip Lock bagsgallon size*
- Small plastic cups for taking medicine*
- Room spray*
- Laundry detergent*
- Paper towels*
- Wash Cloths*
- Dish Soap
- Chlorine Wipes*
- Foot Power*
- Cotton Balls
- Q Tips
- Baby Powder
- Large Pads to lie on bed
- Hand wipes*
- Deodorant Men and Women small size*
- Mouth wash both sizes*
- Shampoo and Conditioner both sizes ***
- Body Lotion both sizes*
- Talcum Power*
- Ponytail holders for thick hair*
Thank you for thinking of the children. We appreciate everything you do for them. If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment to drop off donations please don’t hesitate to call Darlene the Donation Room Coordinator Monday – Wednesday 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM at 602-712-0500 X15038. Please leave a message with your phone number if no answer. Also if you are donating perishable food please make sure it is Monday thru Wednesday between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm so it can be put it in the refrigerator or freezer.
Please make sure you allow enough time to take a tour of our awesome school too! Once again we couldn’t do this without wonderful people like YOU!!!!
Thank you Thank you Thank you….We couldn’t do it without you all!!!!!!
PS and by the way mark your calendar for our next Gala Event on Oct.20th more information to follow.
PSS: If you would like to donate money so we can buy what we need in the donation room please write the check out to Children First Foundation so we make sure to get it. Thank you.