It seems like it was just yesterday that I wrote schools out for the summer and here it is time to resume where we left off. The children will be back Aug.8th and we are looking forward to our best year yet.This year we will have online high school starting here. I would like to take this time to personally thank each and every one of you who contributed to the donation room and the school this year and in the past. As of right now we have 263 children enrolled. Not counting High School and the Kelly Kids (special needs). Remember without you we won’t have a donation room so Thank you, and we hope you had a great summer!
Children First Leadership Academy is always willing to accept donations for students and their families. Please remember that we always put our children first. New clothes are preferred. Please keep in mind that if it weren’t for you to give them new clothing most likely it would be coming from a family member whether it fits or not, or maybe a garbage can. So if it’s torn or soiled please give it to Good Will. We do appreciate everything you do for our children to make it a better life for them. WE CAN NOT ACCEPT USED UNDERWEAR OR SOCK AT ALL.
We are also in dire need of Head Phones, Pocket Folders, Pencils, Glue Sticks, One Inch Binders, Erasers, Markers, Staple guns for the class rooms, electric pencil sharpeners for the class rooms. Colored construction paper for the class rooms. Scientific Calculators for our Junior High.
We have a new dress Code this year. The children will still be in uniform but No Jeans will be allowed, just Slacks, Shorts, Dresses, Skirts, Capris, Skorts, and Jumpers in solid colors of navy blue, khaki, or black may not be more then 3 inches above the knees when standing.
The only type of socks that will be allowed are ankle socks that do not rise above their calves. They must be a solid color of whith, grey, blue, black, or light blue. No animals, basket balls, flowers, strips, etc..
Shirts may only be Collared Polo Shirts in the solid colors of grey, navy blue, black, or light blue.
- Collared Polo Shirtsin all children’s sizes, and up to XL in adult sizes.
- Pants/shortskhaki, black, navy blue… for both boys and girls all children’s sizes, boys sizes 7 to 20, mens size 28 to 38 waist, girls sizes 5 to 18, and teen girls sizes 0 to size 6, women sizes (for our full figure teens) sz. 10 to 18. NO SKINNY JEANS or Jegging allowed.
- We are also in need of Underwear and Sock. Please remember we can not take USED Underwear or Socks. Thank you
- Girls Socks size we need: Med. and Large, also Ladies sizes for our teens.
- Boys Socks size Med. and Large also Mens sizes for our teens. Please remember they must be solid colors of Black, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Grey and White.
- Girls Underwear size: 6,8,10,12,14,and 16 also 6 up to 11 in women’s
- Boys Underwear size: 8,10,12,14,16
- CFLA try to give the children new shoes to wear. They must wear closed toe shoes at school. We prefer gym shoes so they have something for PE. They cannot wear sandals, or flip flops at all to school. Sizes we are out of are as followed:
- Men’s shoes size 6,7,8,9,10,11,12
- Women’s size 5,6, 7, 8, 9, 11,and 12
- Boys size 10,3,4,5,and 6
- Girls size 10,2, 3,and 4
Family Size package/can/plastic jars are preferred, any size packages are accepted. Average family size is 8. Cans that pull open, food that can be made in a microwave, warming tray, hot plate, or a grill are helpful.Food boxes go home by request any day that the school is open. We average about 40 boxes per month. We also give closed bags for the children to take home on the bus,for the weekend by request also. Please check the dates to make sure they have a good shelf life left.
- Cerealcold and hot *** 3 STARS mean ALMOST OUT AND 4 STARS MEANS OUT!!
- Mac and Cheese***
- Canned Veggies of all kinds****
- Dried Beans****
- Spaghetti Sauce-with or without meat***
- Canned Chicken***
- Canned Wiener Dogs****
- Canned Ravioli****
- Canned Spaghetti with Meatballs****
- Canned Beef***
- Canned Beef Stew****
- Chili with beans****
- Pudding (Single-Serve)****
- Juice Boxes****
- Granola & Breakfast Bars****
- Fruit Cups****
- Jars of Peanut Butter****
- Jars of Jelly****
- Graham Crackers****
- Rice Cakes****
- Saltine Crackers****
- Bags of Noodles****
- Fruit Snacks****
- Canned fruit****
- Goldfish single servings and family size****
- Jello 8 Pack****
- Instant Coffee/Regular perk coffee (also for the teachers’ lounge) & Tea Bags****
- Taco Shells****
- Cheese and Crackers****
- Peanut Butter and Cracker Sandwich Snacks****
- Any kind of side dish or meals that can be made on a hot plate or grill****
- Cases of water****
- Plastic silverware (for the kids to eat the pudding/fruit cups/jello****
- Healthy snacks that the children can eat at their desk in between breakfast and lunch****
- Any kind of milkdried, almond, soy, rice****
- Boxed jello and pudding to make at home****
- The donation room also has a freezer and a refrigerator to be able to give the families bread, buns, hot dogs, chicken legs, hamburger meat, eggs, butter any thing like that would be a treat for them.They are both standing empty right now. So if you are thinking of running a food drive or just bringing food in on your own we are asking that you look at the dates to make sure the shelf life is good until at least the end of November 2019 school year. Thank You
This list supplies both the donation room and school health office. Items labeled “both sizes” are used for family use, and also in the children’s own personal hygiene bags that are sent home or given to the children as needed for personal hygiene (i.e. family size and travel size). Asterisked items are needed immediately.
We do have showers for the children when needed so that is why we ask for wash clothes and towels.
- Sanitary Pads****
- Lice …TEA TREE OIL WORKS BEST according to our moms****
- Cough Medicine for children****
- Diapers/Pull ups***
- Band aids**** (all sizes)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Baby Wipes
- Sun Screen****
- Chap stick****
- Liquid Tylenol and Motrin****
- Cough Drops****
- Combs/special combs for lice checking****
- Hand Sanitizer****
- Zip Lock bagsgallon and quart size****
- Small plastic cups for taking medicine****
- Room spray****
- Laundry detergent***
- Paper towels****
- Wash Cloths****
- Towels**** we have shower here for the children in need
- Dish Soap***
- Chlorine Wipes****
- Foot Power****
- Q Tips****
- Baby Powder***
- Large Pads to lie on bed
- Hand wipes***
- Deodorant Men and Women all sizes****
- Mouth wash both sizes****
- Shampoo and Conditioner both sizes ****
- Body Lotion both sizes****
- Talcum Power****
- Ponytail holders for thick hair***
- Tooth brushes****both sizes
- Tooth paste****both sizes
Thank you for thinking of the children. We appreciate everything you do for them. If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment to drop off donations please don’t hesitate to call Darlene the Donation Room Coordinator Monday – Wednesday 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM at 602-712-0500 X15038. Please leave a message with your phone number if no answer. Also if you are donating perishable food please make sure it is Monday thru Wednesday between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm so it can be put in the refrigerator or freezer.
Please make sure you allow enough time to take a tour of our awesome school too! Once again we couldn’t do this without wonderful people like YOU!!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
PS and by the way mark your calendar for our next Gala Event on Oct.20th more information to follow.
PSS: If you would like to donate money so we can buy what we need in the donation room please write the check out to Children First Foundation so we make sure to get it, and put in the memo that you want it to be spent on things for the donation room.If you want the check to go for school supplies than write the check out to the school. Thank you. and keep those donations coming!!!!!!